Dashed Black Grass Lamp Pendant
THIS BRAND SUPPORTS THESE CAUSES
AND HAS THESE VALUES
HANDWOVEN IN UGANDA
A great way to brighten up a room!
These elephant grass pendants are intricate and beautifully made. You will want to mix and match them to set the ultimate mood in a room and help accent your furniture and home decor style.
- Approximately 12” D x 15” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Ghana
- Products are made of elephant grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the grass
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- No lighting hardware included. USA customers: We recommend purchasing pre-assembled kits from
*These delicately textured and handcrafted woven fans were made by groups of women in intimate communities in the Bolgatanga region of Ghana in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- To clean or re-shape, simply wet it with cool water, shape it as needed, and allow it to air dry.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Meaning & Purpose
The material used for weaving in Bolgatanga is elephant grass, this grass is only available in the southern part of Ghana, Kumasi to be precise. The grasses are harvested and dried up, a process which might take up to three (3) days. It is then tied together in big bundles and transported to the Bolga markets. This is where most of the weavers buy their raw materials. The straw grass is further processed before weaving begins.
- Straw is collected and splitted then rolled/twisted for texture.
- Straw is dyed to give a vibrant color before weaving begins.
When you buy from KAZI, you support artisans in marginalized communitties by giving them fair wage employment. The company also donated proceeds to NEST, which is building a new handworker economy to generate global workforce inclusivity, improve women's wellbeing beyond factories.
About the Brand
Kazi is a home goods and decor brand that works alongside artisans to create beautiful, handmade pieces. They empower craftsmen from Rwanda, Uganda and Ghana by economically supporting marginalized communities and assuring them fair wage jobs. They believe that each sold product can truly change your life and theirs.
All products are handcrafted using traditional techniques and using only natural, sustainable materials.
Are they Local: Yes, made by local African artisans.
Are they Fair Trade or Paid a living Wage: Yes and NEST certified for working condition verification.
Organic Materials: Yes, when available.
Cruelty Free: Y
Environmental Conscious Processing: Handmade and in small batch production to reduce chemical and waste.