9 Zero-Waste Swaps for a Sustainable Life
Small Consistent changes Can Make a Difference in Our Plastic Consumption.
Why Should We Try to Use Less Plastic?
🌎 100% of baby sea turtles have plastic in their stomachs.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌎 The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is around 1.6 million square kilometers – bigger than Texas. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌎 The US contributes 38 million tonnes of plastic every year. Plastic packaging is the biggest culprit, resulting in 80 million tonnes of waste yearly from the US alone.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌎 More than 1 million plastic bags end up in the trash every minute. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
🌎 1 in 3 fish caught for human consumption contains plastic.⠀⠀
Easy ZERO WASTE SWAPS:
1. Swap your PLASTIC BAG for FABRIC TOTE.
2. Swap your PLASTIC COMBS for WOODEN COMBS.
3. Swap your PLASTIC WATER BOTTLE for GLASS MASONJARS
4. Swap your DISPOSABLE COFFEE CUP for a REUSABLE CUP
5. Swap PLASTIC ZIPLOCKS for SILICON FOOD STORAGE BAGS.
6. WOODEN CUTLERY vs PLASTIC anyday.
7. Plastic Toothbrushes Add 50 Million Pounds of Waste to Landfills Every Year. Swap for BAMBOO.
8. . They Work! Sustainable period gear is way more comfy than you would think. Swap your TRADITIONAL PADS for CLOTH PADS and REUSE.
9. PACKAGE-FREE SOAP because over eight million metric tons of plastic trash are estimated to end up in the ocean each year, your soap is the easiest to not wrap in plastic.