5 Sustainable Bags that are Eco-Friendly & Fair Trade for Your Next Trip
Sustainable bags have never been more chic and affordable. Shop our Editor's picks for Must-Have eco friendly totes and mini handbags to pack for your next trip!
1. Diah Rattan Purse $39: This VILLAGE THRIVE sustainable bag is a natural rattan purse that may just be your new favorite accessory. Handmade in Bali, features include: circle body shape, leather strap with metal snap closure, and lined with traditional batik fabric. A portion of every purchase goes to support help take care of the needs of the people of Bali and to support the local communities the team works with. This year they partnered with The John Fawcett Foundation to help provide vision care for hundreds of people in need. Inspired by a humanitarian trip to Bali, Village Thrive is a female-founded brand created with the intention of supporting local artisans’ skills and their livelihood. Their products are made of natural ethically sourced and natural materials, such as organic cotton, rattan, bamboo, straw and clay.
2. Round Rattan Purse $69: Also made by VILLAGE THRIVE, this natural rattan purse may just be your new favorite accessory. Handmade in Bali, features includes a leather strap with metal snap closure, lined with traditional batik fabric. Available in Natural, White and Black. This sustainable bag supports employing artisans in Bali.
3. Praya Day Bag $68: The VILLAGE THRIVE new Praya Day Bag features a unique circular shape making it roomy enough for all your belongings all the while making a modern and stylish statement. Available in Natural and Black Motif, each eco friendly bag is handwoven using natural materials by artisans in Bali, Indonesia.
4. Woven Palm Basket $61: This basket is the answer to every prayer. Whether you need an oversized beach bag or something special to store all of those messy living-room blankets, look no further. This eco friendly tote is handwoven in Morocco by local artisans and is made of natural fallen palm leaves. Late summer supports employment of artisans in marginalized communities, but also supports our planet through responsible materials and production.
5. Kata Shoulder Bag $69: Never go wrong with a classic - Easy to carry around, roomy around for all your essential. This sustainable bag is a MUST-HAVE! With every purchase, you support employing artisans in marginalized communities, while also providing healthcare and education for their families. Korissa is a female-owned brand that offers responsible handmade handbags and home decor. It provides beautiful, long lasting products that are environmentally and socially conscious. They use locally sourced and eco friendly materials, and they work alongside fair trade craftsmanship. Korissa is a proud follower of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) making this handwoven tote a perfect addition to your closet.